General Knowledge for Kids: Check 100+ Simple GK Questions and Answers With PDF
General Knowledge for Kids: Here, we are summarising general knowledge questions and answers for kids in a simplified form including broad varieties of topics, from science, history, civics, geography, intelligence, etc. It will help in developing intellectual abilities and also provide them with the ability to speak up when necessary.
General Knowledge for Kids
General Knowledge for Kids: Due to the pandemic, kids are dependent on online classes. Most of the day they spend on their mobile phone, playing video games, watching videos, and television, etc. The day-to-day world is getting highly competitive and so it is important that kids stay tuned to what is happening across the world.
General knowledge is an important part of education it not only helps children to gain knowledge but also makes them aware of what is happening across the globe. Gaining basic knowledge at an early age changes a kid’s level of thinking and intelligence. It will also help in generating social awareness and supports the mental development of children, civil abilities, and civic senses.
These GK questions and answers from various topics are for all kids from age groups between 4 to 12 and other students can also gain knowledge. An elaborative explanation is also provided with questions so that it will help children to understand the topic and help them in revision and memorizing the answers to all questions.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids (Age Group 4 to 7 years)
This is the learning age of kids who are most eager to know more information. So, GK is that section that helps them in providing knowledge. The below questions will be a great activity for them. Some of the questions listed below may be easy for a few of them but will help in learning new things at the beginning stage.
1. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert”?
2. How many days are there in a week?
Ans. 7 days
3. How many hours are there in a day?
Ans. 24 hours
4. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
Ans. 26 letters
5. Rainbow consist of how many colours?
Ans. 7 colours
6. How many days are there in a year?
Ans. 365 days (not a leap year)
7. How many minutes are there in an hour?
Ans. 60 minutes
8. How many seconds are there in a minute?
Ans. 60 seconds
9. How many seconds make one hour?
Ans. 3600 seconds
10. Baby frog is known as…….
11. How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
Ans. 21 Consonants
12. How many vowels are there in the English alphabet and name them?
Ans. 5 vowels namely a, e, i, o, and u.
13. Which animal is known as the king of the jungle?
Ans. The Lion is known as the king of the jungle.
14. Name the National bird of India?
Ans. The Peacock
15. Name the National animal of India?
16. What is the National Anthem of India?
Ans. The National Anthem of India is Jana Gana Mana.
17. Name the national flower of India?
Ans. Lotus flower
18. Name the National fruit of India?
19. What is the National song of India?
Ans. Vande Mataram
20. Who designed the National Flag of India?
Ans. The flag was designed by Pingali Venkayya.
GK Questions with Answers
21. Name the National game of India?
Ans. India does not have an official National Game.
22. Name the National tree of India?
Ans. Banyan tree
23. Name the National river of India?
24. Name the National Reptile of India?
Ans. King Cobra
25. What is the capital of India?
Ans. New Delhi
26. Name the biggest continent in the world?
27. How many continents are there in the world?
Ans. 7 continents
28. Name the primary colours?
Ans. Red, Yellow, and Blue
29. Which is the smallest month of the year?
GK quiz with Answers
30. Name the house made of ice?
31. Which colour symbolises peace?
32. Name the largest mammal?
Ans. Blue Whale
33. Sun rises in the…..
34. How many sides are there in a triangle?
35. Name the largest planet of our Solar System?
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids (Age Group 8 to 10 years)
At this age, children start discovering new things happening around them, start raising questions to parents, grandparents, teachers, etc. These questions provided below may help Kids in gaining knowledge and maybe they have already started exploring a few of them.
36. Name the place known as the Roof of the World?
37. Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Ans. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
38. Who is the first woman prime minister of India?
Ans. Indira Gandhi
39. Who is the first citizen of India?
Ans. The President of India
40. How many states are there in India?
Ans. 28 states
GK MCQs With Answers
41. How many Union Territories are there in India?
Ans. 8 Union Territories
42. How many years are there in one Millenium?
Ans. 1,000 years
43. Name the first man to walk on the Moon?
Ans. Neil Armstrong
44. Name the Oceans of the World?
Ans. The Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and the Southern (Antarctic) oceans.
45. Name the densest jungle in the world?
Ans. The Amazon rainforest
46. Which festival is called the festival of colours?
47. What is the Isosceles triangle?
Ans. A triangle in which two sides have the same length or two sides are equal.
48. What type of gas is absorbed by plants?
Ans. Carbon Dioxide
49. How many days a February month have in the leap year?
Ans. 29 days
50. Name the longest river on the Earth?
51. Name the smallest continent?
52. Which is the principal source of energy for the Earth?
53. Anti-clockwise is it from left or right?
54. Name the planet nearest to the Earth?
55. Which festival is known as the festival of light?
56. Name a bird that lays the largest eggs?
57. Which is the National Aquatic Animal of India?
Ans. River Dolphin
58. Name the National Heritage Animal of India?
59. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Ans. Mount Everest
60. Who invented Radio?
Ans. Guglielmo Marconi is known as the father of radio.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids (Age Group 10 to 12 years)
At this age, kids learn most and observe things more keenly. The listed questions may be a bit tough as compared to those given above. It will provide more knowledge to the kids and they will learn more.
61. Who invented electricity?
Ans. Benjamin Franklin
62. Which continent is known as the ‘Dark’ continent?
63. Name the planet known as the Red Planet?
64. Who wrote “Malgudi Days”?
Ans. R. K. Narayan
65. Name the National game of the USA?
66. Who invented Watch?
Ans. Peter Henlein
67. Name the largest ‘Democracy’ of the world?
68. Which is the smallest bone in the human body?
Ans. Stapes (Ear bone)
69. Name the country known as the Land of the Rising Sun?
70. How many millimetres are there in a centimetre?
GK Quizes with Answers
71. Name the hardest substance available on Earth?
72. Name a shape that has ten sides?
73. Name the largest ocean in the World?
Ans. Pacific Ocean
74. Who is the real founder of Microsoft?
Ans. Bill Gates and Paul G. Allen
75. Who gave the theory of Relativity?
Ans. Albert Einstein
76. Who is the Father of our Nation?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
77. Who discovered the X-rays first?
Ans. Wilhelm Roentgen
78. Who gave the universal law of gravitation?
Ans. Issac Newton
79. What is a telescope?
Ans. A telescope is an instrument in the shape of a tube with special pieces of glass (lenses) inside it. It makes things that far away appear bigger and nearer.
80. Name a natural satellite of Earth?
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids (True or False)
82. What are Commonwealth Games?
Ans. The Commonwealth Games are a quadrennial international multi-sport event among the athletes of the Commonwealth Games.
83. How many years of Independence India celebrated on August 15, 2022?
Ans. India celebrated 75 years of Independence on August 15, 2022.
84. How many medals India won in the Commonwealth Games 2022?
Ans. India won total 61 medals in Commonwealth Games 2022.
85. 34 teeth in total adults have.
Ans. False (The adult has 32 teeth in total).
86. Barometer used to measure Atmospheric Pressure.
87. Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman to go into space.
88. Sparrow is a bird known for its intelligence.
Ans. False (Owl is known for its intelligence).
89. Europe is the second smallest continent and the third most populous continent
90. Bosnia and Herzegovina’s largest city and capital is Sarajevo.
Gk Quiz Questions with answers
91. Plants absorbs Oxygen?
Ans. False (Plants absorbs Carbon Dioxide).
92. Denmark’s capital and most populous city is Copenhagen
93. Half of 250 is 125.
94. Metre per second is the unit of Speed.
95. William Shakespeare is a scientist.
Ans. False (William Shakespeare was an English dramatist, poet, and actor).
96. There are 200 bones in the Human Body.
Ans. False (206 bones are there in Human Body).
97. Electrons are larger than molecules.
98. With the help of Photosynthesis plants make their own food.
99. Chemical formulae of Hydrochloric acid is HCl.
100. There are 11 players in a cricket team.